Covid-19 business survival: The Government has stepped in to provide support to certain areas of the economy but even with this becoming available in the coming weeks, some of us will need advice on how to survive the lock down.
Here are our thoughts:
- Apply for all Government supports if you need them.
- Stay strong – the health of you and your family is more important than your business.
- Talk to us to help work through forecasts or get the figures needed for the bank.
- Keep sane – You can’t control this, relax and keep busy, research, get new skills, look for new technology and above all keep in regular contact with customers, suppliers, friends and family.
- Plan for the end of the lock down – think about how you would do things differently in this changed world.
We cannot know how long this Pandemic will last and what the effects will be on business generally. What we can do is stay focused and committed to rebuilding our businesses.
Please contact us regarding Government, cash flow and payroll supports. Our business depends on yours and we are all in this together.
GOVERNMENT SUPPORTS FOR BUSINESSES
Here is a summary of the main Government supports available:
- Job Retention Scheme
- Self-Employment Income Support Scheme
- Deferral of Vat Payments
- Extra Time to Pay Your Tax Liabilities
- Business Rates Relief
- Small Business Grant Scheme
- Retail and Hospitality Grant Scheme
- Business Interruption Loan Scheme
- Self-employed Deferral Of 31 July Payments on Account
- Small Employers Can Reclaim 2 Weeks SSP
- Delays in filing of accounts and help for exporters
The full range of supports can be found at: https://www.gov.uk/coronavirus/business-support
Talk to us if you need help with any of the supports available.
Need more information?
Our team of chartered accountants are here for you during this time. We have a wealth of experience in a broad range of sectors, from construction and property to the charity sector. Our team work hard to ensure they create smart and effective tax-efficient solutions for start-ups to optimise growth and help them succeed. If you want to learn more about how the team can help or simply want some start-up advice from a trusted accountant do hesitate to contact us. For more information please do hesitate to contact us on 0161 962 1855. Alternatively you can email us using the form below and we will contact you as soon as possible.
Our fantastic team at A&C Chartered Accountants are here to help.